Why Should You Use Activated Charcoal Face Wash for Men?
Face Wash: What is it & why to use it?
Face washing has become a part of our daily routine, but when it comes to cleansing your face, you need to consider many things before using any product. The most important thing about cleaning your face is the type of soap or cleanser you choose and how often you cleanse your face. There are so many different types of face washes available today, ranging from those containing alcohol to those without alcohol. So what's best for your skin?
Here we have listed some of the types of face washes for men with oily skin: 1) Alcohol-free face wash 2) Foaming face wash 3) Non-foaming face wash 4) Cleansing gel 5) Facial scrub 6) Gel-based cleansers 7) Oil-free face wash 8) Activated charcoal face wash
Why do people prefer charcoal face wash over regular facial cleansers?
People prefer charcoal face wash over regular facial cleansers because charcoal helps them reduce acne scars and lighten their complexion. Traditional facial cleansers dry out the skin and make it look dull. However, charcoal face wash does not dry out the skin and leaves it soft and smooth. Moreover, charcoal face wash removes all kinds of impurities from the pores, including dirt, makeup residue, dead cells, and excess sebum.
It is recommended that you apply the face wash twice a week. Once in the morning and once in the evening. This is because activated charcoal face wash works better when used during the nighttime.
What is activated charcoal face wash?
Activated charcoal is one of the oldest known natural products on earth. It has been used as an ingredient in cosmetics since ancient times. In fact, the Egyptians used activated charcoal powder to remove impurities from their bodies. They also applied it on their faces to get rid of acne, blackheads, and other blemishes.
Activated charcoal is made by heating wood at high temperatures. This process results in carbonization, which makes the charcoal very porous. When this charcoal is mixed with water, it forms a thick paste. This paste is then grounded into fine particles. These particles are called "activated charcoal."
The benefits of using activated charcoal
- Removes dirt and oil from pores
- Helps prevent pimples
- Prevents acne breakouts
- Reduces dark spots on the skin
- Lightens pigmentation
- Improves skin texture
- Increases cell turnover rate
How to use activated charcoal face wash?
To use activated charcoal face wash, follow these steps:
Step 1 – Mix equal parts of water and activated charcoal. You can either mix it manually or buy readymade activated charcoal face wash.
Step 2 – Apply the mixture onto your face. Make sure that you cover every inch of your face with the mixture. Do not forget to rub the mixture well into your skin.
Step 3 – Rinse off the mixture with lukewarm water.
Step 4 – Pat dry your face with a towel. You can use the same method to remove makeup too. Mix water and activated charcoal and apply it to your face. Then rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Things to keep in mind while using Charcoal face wash or scrub
- If you have sensitive skin, avoid using a charcoal face wash.
- Avoid applying charcoal face wash directly to your eyes. Instead, gently wipe your eye area with a cotton ball dipped in the face wash.
- Keep away from children.
- Store the face wash in a cool place.
- To keep the face wash fresh, store it in a closed container.
- Never reuse the face wash.
- Always test the face wash before buying it.
- Ensure that there is no active charcoal left in the bottle after you finish using it.
- Don't leave the face wash open overnight.
- If you notice any changes in the color of the face wash, discard it immediately.
- If you feel like rubbing your face vigorously, do so only after rinsing it thoroughly.
- After using the face wash, clean your hands with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes after using the face wash.
- If you want to use charcoal face wash again, make sure that you throw out all the unused portions of the product.