How To Shave Armpits/ Underarms Correctly?
Shaving your armpit hair is something that most men want to do at some point or another. While it might seem like a simple task, shaving your armpit hair can be pretty tricky. You risk having unsightly bumps and ingrown hairs if you don't get it right.
Armpit hair is a natural part of the human body. The skin under our arms has glands that produce oil and sweat. This makes it prone to bacterial infections and ingrown hairs. Shaving your armpit area helps prevent these problems.
Reasons why men should shave their armpits
Why Should You Shave Your Armpits?
1. It keeps your armpits clean
2. It prevents ingrown hairs
3. It reduces odor
4. It improves hygiene
5. It prevents pimples
6. It gives you a smooth look
7. It removes dead cells
8. It gives you a fresh feeling
9. It makes you feel confident
10. It looks good on you
11. It increases self-esteem
9 steps to shave armpits right ways
The best time to shave your underarm area is in the morning or right before bedtime. If you shave your underarms too early, you may end up pulling your skin. And if you wait until late in the day, you may be tempted to use harsh products to help speed up the process.
Shaving your underarms doesn't have to be complicated. There are many different techniques you can use to ensure that you don't hurt yourself
1. Get rid of excess hair with a good body hair trimmer first - Use a proper body hair trimmer to remove long hairs first.
2. Use a new blade every time - If you have been using the same blade for an extended time, then chances are it will start dulling. Dull blades are more likely to leave marks and cuts on your skin. Always opt for a new blade when you shave your armpits to avoid such issues.
3. Use a razor with a rounded edge - You can use any razor for this purpose, but a razor with a rounded edge will make it easier for you to shave your armpit area without causing cuts.
4. Apply moisturizer before shaving - Moisturizing your armpit area will help keep your skin soft and supple.
5. Avoid overshaving - Over shaving can cause irritation in your armpit area, leading to ingrown hairs.
6. Don't shave too close - When shaving your armpit area, try not to shave too closely because if you cut yourself, you could get an infection.
7. Keep your armpit area dry - Keeping your armpit area free from moisture will help avoid ingrown hairs.
8. Cleanse your armpit area after shaving - After shaving your armpit areas, make sure you wash them thoroughly with soap and water. This will remove all traces of shaving cream and other debris.
9. Dry your armpit area properly - Make sure you dry your armpit area entirely after washing it. This will ensure there is no chance of leaving behind bacteria.
Tips to avoid irritation after shaving armpits
Avoiding irritation after shaving your armpit is important since it can lead to ingrown hair. Here are some tips to follow:
1. After shaving, rinse your armpit with cold water - Cold water helps open up the pores and get rid of any dead cells.
2. Dry your skin properly - Dry your skin properly using a soft cloth. Don't scratch the skin with rough clothes.
3. Use a moisturizing lotion - Moisturize your armpit area after the skin is dried properly. Make sure to choose a moisturizing cream that won't irritate your skin.
4. Avoid using deodorants right after shaving armpits - Don't use deodorants or body spray quickly after shaving armpits. This can irritate if deodorant falls on your skin with any nicks & cuts.
5. Don't use tight clothes after shaving - Use some loose clothes after shaving armpits. Try to avoid friction in the shaved area to avoid irritation.
Follow these instuctions & tips & get your armpit clean this summer.
Read More about